If you like making video calls to your friends, then you might already be using apps like Viber, Tango or Skype. There are many other similar apps that give you the option to make video calls to your friends at high-quality. Now, there is one more application and it’s going to become the most popular of them all. Google launched its Google Duo app in the Play Store and you can download it for Android as well for iPhone/iPad from the iOS app store. Although, there is no computer version of the app, you can download Google Duo for PC easily using an emulator software.
With Google Duo app installed on your computer or on your laptop, you will be able to make high-quality video calls to your friends and family members within seconds. All you need is a proper Internet connection and you are good to go. The app has a simple interface that allows you to pick a contact with whom you want to chat and the video call will be connected to it. With Google Duo for PC, you will also be able to see who’s calling you using the live preview feature. There are many more awesome features of the application, so let’s have a look at them before we see the installation steps.
Google Duo for PC – Features
The application has become quite popular among smartphone users worldwide as it offers high-quality video calling experience on various devices. In a short time, it has been downloaded on more than 10 million devices, and seeing the awesome features of the Google Duo app, the number is surely going to increase.
- The application is completely free to download and use.
- You need a stable Internet connection to use the application so make sure that you have a data pack active on your smartphone or you are connected to WiFi.
- The app is a one-to-one video calling app that allows you to video chat with your friends easily.
- It is designed to be simple so that everyone can use it and is fun and reliable to use.
- Currently, it doesn’t support group video chat and you can only make one-on-one video calls.
- The simple interface of the application allows you to pick one of your contacts and jump right in the call without any delay.
- The application has a live preview feature that shows you who’s calling so that you know if it’s your friend or not.
- The video calls are of high-quality that delivers you the best experience whether you are on WiFi or on the go.
- The Google Duo app is a cross platform app which allows you to call your friends even if they own a smartphone with a different platform or OS.
These are some of the features of the application and with the future updates, many more features will be added to it to make it the best video calling application.
Google Duo for PC Download
The application was launched for smartphones running Android and iOS and if you own any of these devices, then you can get the app directly from Google Play Store or iOS app store. There is, however, no official computer version of the game that can be downloaded or installed.
Although, there is no official desktop version, we can still use Google Duo on our computers and laptop using an Android emulator software. This type of emulator software create a virtual environment that is suitable for the apps and games to run smoothly making it easy for us to install and play our favorite apps and games. There are many emulators available to install Google Duo for computer, but we will go with BlueStacks app player as it is the most popular, more stable and comes with awesome features and support.
Click on the above link to go to the page where you will be able to download the offline installer version of the emulator software. Once the setup file is downloaded and saved on your computer, install it and then follow the below steps to download the application.
Steps to Download Google Duo for PC
- Open BlueStacks app player on your computer.
- You will have to use your Gmail ID to login to Google Play Store and authenticate the BlueStacks account after which you can enable the App Sync and complete the setup process of the emulator.
- Once the setup is done, the dashboard will appear on your screen showing various apps and categories.
- Click on the Search icon on the top.
- Type “Google Duo” in the search box and hit the find button.
- A new tab will open in the emulator displaying all the search results related to your query.
- Click the first link which will be of the Google Duo app.
- You will be redirected to the official app page on Google Play Store in the emulator.
- Click on the Install button on the app page.
- A pop-up box will appear on your computer screen.
- This pop-up box will show you all the permissions required to install and run the app.
- Click on the Accept button to grant the permissions and close the box.
- The download process will now start automatically.
The download process may take some time to complete depending on the speed and stability of your Internet connection. Once all the required files are downloaded, Google Duo for PC will be installed successfully and ready to be used.
You can now start using the app by launching on your computer. To open the application, go to BlueStacks and select the “All Apps” tab where you will find all the Android apps and games installed on your computer. From there, select the application and it will open on your computer screen.
This is how you can download Google Duo for PC using BlueStacks app player! If you liked the article, then share it with your friends as well so that they too can install the app and use the video-calling feature to chat with their loved ones.