If you are looking for a guide to help you to download Kik Messenger for PC, then you are at the right place as this article will show you exactly how you can download and install Kik for PC. With the chat app installed on your computer, you will be able to find new friends from around the world and send them free text messages and multimedia messages without any limitations. The app is absolutely free to download and there are no hidden charges to use the Kik Messenger app.
We have previously seen a lot of guides to install chat messenger apps like LINE for PC and also the latest Telegram for PC, and to install Kik Messenger on computer, we are going to use the same method. There is no official PC version of the app available, so we are going to use an emulator software to download the app and install it. So without any further delay, let’s get to our article and see the simple steps to download Kik Messenger for PC.
Kik for PC – Features of the Messenger App:
The application has become quite popular among Android users and has already been downloaded for hundreds of millions of times. So if you don’t have an Android device, you can download Kik for laptop or computer by following the below steps.
Before that, let’s take a look at some of the best features of the chat app:
- No Phone numbers: The one thing that is different in Kik that any other chat application is that it doesn’t require you to add your phone number to the app. You can set your unique username and start using the app.
- Decide Who to Talk to: There are some filters available in the application that lets you talk to only those people who you want to talk to and you can ignore the others.
- Share Everything: You can not only send text messages for free but you can share almost everything you like – memes, gifs, videos, images, celebrity news etc.
- Create Groups: You can start a public group with up to 50 members capacity using a hashtag or you can also create a private group if you want with the app.
- Always Free: The application is not only free to download but there are no hidden charges and all you need is a working Internet connection to use the app.
Steps to Download Kik Messenger for PC
Since there is no official PC client available for the chat app, we are going to use the most popular Android emulator on our computer to download and install the Android app.
- Download and install BlueStacks app player on your computer.
- Now, open BlueStacks and type in “Kik Messenger” in the search bar on the dashboard. Click on the first option in the search result.
- Then you need to click on Google play Store to select it. You will be asked to log in to your Google account so use your Gmail ID to sign in to your account.
- Finally you will be taken to the Kik Messenger download page in the Play Store.
- Click on the Install button and the download process will begin. Once the download process is complete, the app will be installed successfully on your computer.
By following the above simple steps, you will have the app installed on your computer. Now all you have to do is start the application, create your account and start chatting.
Alternate Method: There is another method as well that you can use to install Kik for PC. You need to first download Kik APK on your computer and then download and install BlueStacks on your PC. Now go to the downloads folder and right-click on the APK file, select “Open With” and then click on BlueStacks and the application will be installed on your computer.
Once the app is installed on your computer, all you have to do is go to BlueStacks once again and on the dashboard or under the “My Apps” or the “All Apps” tab, you will see the app installed. Click on the icon of the Kik app and it will start on your computer. Now simply create your account, fill out your profile, set a nice profile picture and start finding new friends to chat with.
That was the complete guide to download Kik for PC! If you liked the article and you have downloaded and installed Kik Messenger for PC, then share it with your friends and keep visiting DroidforPCDownload for more similar guides!