MX Player is one of the best video player apps for Android device and if you like it a lot, then you can download it on your computer as well. There is no official desktop version of the app, but you can use an Android emulator software to download MX Player for PC and use the versatile player to play videos easily. I know that there are many media players available for Windows and Mac, so why would you download an Android app. The reason is that sometimes people get used to the app and want to use the same thing on their computer as well.
With MX Player app installed on your computer, you will be able to use all its awesome features while playing any video or watching a movie. The application allows you to play almost all the popular video formats and use features like hardware acceleration and multi-core decoding that boosts the app’s performance. If you use the application to watch movies on your device, then you can easily download MX Player for PC and watch movies with the same ease on your computer or laptop as well. Let’s have a look at the best features of the app and then see the installation process.
MX Player for PC – Features
There are many video player apps available for Android on Google Play Store, but MX Player has become one of the best ones out there by providing all the features you would need while watching a movie. Below are some of the features of the app that will help you understand how to use it.
- The application is completely free to download but contains displays some ads when the Internet connection is active.
- There are features like hardware acceleration that can be applied to more videos using the new HW+ decoder.
- The app is the first video player for Android that supports multi-core decoding and increases the device’s performance up to 70%.
- While watching a video or movie on the app, you can pinch and swipe on the screen with your fingers to zoom in or zoom out.
- When using subtitles, you can swipe forward or backward on the subtitles to move to the next sentence.
- Moreover, you can swipe up/down on the left side of the screen to increase/decrease the brightness and you can swipe up/down on the right side of the screen to increase/decrease the volume of the video.
- Other features of the app include a kids lock that locks the screen while you are playing a video. This will completely disable any other function of the phone to ensure that unwanted calls are not made or any other apps are not touched.
MX Player for PC Download
If you are using an Android smartphone or tablet, then you can easily download the application directly on your device by going to Google Play Store. But if you are looking for a desktop version or desktop client of the app, then there’s no official version available as of yet.
Although, there’s no official desktop client, you can still download the application on your computer and use it with the help of an emulator software. There are many Android emulators available online that can create a virtual environment that is suitable for the apps and games and makes it possible for you to install and run them. You can go with any emulator software, but we will be using BlueStacks in this article to download MX player for computer.
When you click on the link above, you will be redirected to the download page from where you can get the offline installer version of the emulator software. Once the setup files are downloaded on your computer, install it and then follow the steps below.
Steps to Download MX Player for PC
- Open BlueStacks app player on your computer.
- You will have to use your Gmail ID to login to Google Play Store and authenticate the BlueStacks account after which you can enable the App Sync and complete the setup process of the emulator.
- Once the setup is done, the dashboard will appear on your screen showing various apps and categories.
- Click on the Search icon on the top.
- Type “MX Player” in the search box and hit the find button.
- A new tab will open in the emulator displaying all the search results related to your query.
- Click the first link which will be of the MX Player app.
- You will be redirected to the official app page on Google Play Store in the emulator.
- Click on the Install button on the app page.
- A pop-up box will appear on your computer screen.
- This pop-up box will show you all the permissions required to install and run the app.
- Click on the Accept button to grant the permissions and close the box.
- The download process will now start automatically.
After you have followed the above steps, you will see that the download process for the app has begun and once it’s completed, MX Player for PC will be installed. You can then use the app to watch movies or videos on your computer.
Alternative Method: You can also download the latest MX Player APK file and then use BlueStacks emulator to install the application manually on your computer.
To launch the video player application on your computer, you can go to BlueStacks and then select the “All Apps” tab that will take you to the section where you will find all the apps and games installed. Click on the video app icon and it will open on your computer screen.
This is how you can download and install MX Player for PC using BlueStacks emulator! If you liked the article, then share it with your friends as well who like the app and would love to use it on their computers and laptops.