Radio apps are really life-saving apps as you can learn about the latest news as well as get sports updates any time you want. If you have a look at Google play Store, you will find several such applications, but in this article, we are going to talk about Stitcher Radio app. The application is one of the best apps for Android that allows you to listen on demand to the latest news, sports, comedy, talk radio shows and even podcasts from various sources. The app is available for Android, but you can also download Stitcher Radio for PC using BlueStacks emulator.
With Stitcher Radio app installed on your computer, you will not only be able to listen to news and podcasts, but you will also be able to create custom stations by stitching together your favorite shows in a playlist. The app helps you find similar shows that other people like as well as give you personalized show recommendations. With Stitcher Radio for PC, you will be able to get the latest episodes of your favorite shows as soon as they are released without any hassles. There are many more features of the app and you can learn about them in the below section.
Stitcher Radio for PC – Features
The application can be considered as one of the best radio apps on Google Play Store as it has already been downloaded on more than a million devices and the number is increasing. Below are some of the best features of Stitcher Radio for computer that you should know before you start using the app:
- The application is free to download and use.
- With the app, you can listen to your favorite shows, get the latest news and sports updates as well as listen to various podcasts from sources like NPR, CNN, Fox News and others.
- You can stream and even download the episodes for offline listening.
- With the application, it is extremely easy for you to create custom stations by stitching together your favorite shows in a playlist.
- The app gives you recommendations of the shows that other listeners of the same show also like and it will also give you personalized show recommendations based on what you’ve been listening.
- You can activate the audio alerts feature and get all the latest and breaking news and the biggest stories sent to your phone.
- The app allows you to get the latest episode of your favorite shows as soon as they are available without the hassles of downloading or syncing the podcasts.
- If you like a particular show that you’ve been listening to on Stitcher Radio, then you can share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter and email.
These are some of the features of the Stitcher Radio app that you should know about. It is officially available for smartphones, but if you want to download it on your computer, then read how to do it in the next section.
Stitcher Radio for PC Download
The application is currently available in Google Play Store and iOS app store and you can download and install it directly on your Android and iOS smartphones. However, there is no official desktop client available that can be installed on your computer.
There is a Stitcher Radio website that you can use to listen to your favorite and latest podcasts, but if you like the app version better and you won’t to use it on your computer, then you need to follow the below steps.
Although, no official version of the app is available for computer, you can still download the application using an Android emulator software. An emulator is a software that will create a virtual environment on your computer suitable for Android apps and games to run and thus will make the installation of the radio app possible. There are many emulators available that you can use for this purpose, but in this article, we will see the steps to download Stitcher Radio for computer using BlueStacks app player as it is the most popular of them all.
When you click on the above link, you will be redirected to the downloads page from where you can get the offline installer of the app player. Once the setup file is downloaded and saved on your PC, go ahead and install the emulator software and then start following the below steps.
Steps to Download Stitcher Radio for PC
- Launch BlueStacks app player on your computer.
- If you are using it for the first time, then you will have to use your Google ID to login to Google Play Store and authenticate your account. Then, enable the App Sync and complete the setup process of the emulator.
- Now, you will see the dashboard of the emulator with various popular apps.
- Click on the Search icon on the top of the dashboard.
- Type “Stitcher Radio” in the search box and hit the search button.
- A new tab will open in the emulator that will display various apps and games related to your query in Google Play Store.
- Click on the first link as that will be of the Stitcher Radio app.
- The emulator will now redirect you to the official Google Play Store page of the application.
- Click on the Install button on the app page.
- A pop-up box will appear on your screen asking for various permissions required to install and run the app smoothly.
- Click on the Accept button to grant the permissions and close the pop-up box.
- The download process will now begin automatically.
After following the above steps successfully, the download process of the app will begin and it will be installed within a few minutes. You will then be able to open Stitcher Radio for PC and start using it without any issues.
To launch the application on your computer, you need to go to BlueStacks once again and then select the “All Apps” tab where you will find all the apps and games that you have installed using the emulator software. Click on the radio app icon and it will launch on your computer screen.
This is how you can download and install Stitcher Radio for PC using BlueStacks app player! If you liked the article, then share it with your friends who also like to listen to various podcast episodes. Let us know what you think about the app via the comments section below.