Telegram for PC: Telegram is one of the most popular chat applications in the world and a lot of people have started using it because it allows its users to send large files to other people via chat conversation. We have already shared with your the Telegram APK so that you can install it on your Android smartphone, but if you would love to use the app on your computer, then here’s a simple way to download Telegram for PC. We are going to show you some simple ways to download and install the application on your computer running different platforms.
When you install Telegram on your computer, you will not only be able to send free text messages, but you will also be able to send images, videos and other files that are large in size. The app is super fast, reliable and is one of the most secure chat apps as it encrypts all your data so that it doesn’t fall into wrong hands. So, let’s see the simple steps that you need to take in order to download Telegram for PC and how to use it to send text messages.
Telegram for PC – Features:
We already know that the application has been downloaded on hundreds of millions of devices but for some reason, if you are not liking it on your smartphone, then you can download Telegram for laptop or on your computer to use it.
- Fast and Secure: The messenger app is currently the fastest app for smartphones and is also one of the most secure application as it encrypts all your data with time-tested algorithms.
- Group Chats and Broadcasts: You can create a group of 200 people on Telegram and chat with all of them at once. You can also send a broadcast message to over 100 people at a time.
- Share Large Files: You can share multimedia with your friends and you can also send large files (.doc, .ppt, .zip etc.) to your friends with ease.
- Reliable: The app is very much reliable as it will work in the most weak Internet connection as well so that you can always stay connected with your friends.
- No Advertisements: The app is absolutely free to download and there are no ads in the application giving you an amazing chat experience.
Steps to Download Telegram for PC
Method 1: Use Telegram Web Version
Just like WhatsApp Web version, Telegram application also offers a web version that you can use on your computer using a web browser. To get started with it, follow the below steps.
- Go to https://web.telegram.org/.
- Sign in to your account by choosing your country and adding your phone number.
- Set up your profile by adding a picture of yourself and adding information.
- Start chatting with your friends.
Method 2: Use Official Desktop Client (for PC/Mac/Linux)
There is an official version of the app available for your computer running various platforms. You can download Telegram for Mac, Linux and Windows PC from the link given below.
Click on the above button and then choose the platform you are using – Windows, Mac or Linux 32 bit or 64 bit and download the chat app on your PC. You will also find the links to download a portable version of Telegram app for Windows, a download link to get the app directly from the Mac App Store and an installer to install the app on Mac OS X.
Method 3: Use BlueStacks to Get Telegram for PC
- Download and install BlueStacks app player on your computer.
- Once downloaded, search for “Telegram” in the app player.
- From the search results, click on the app to go to the downloads page.
- Click Install and the installation process will begin.
That’s it! Once the application is downloaded, it will then be installed on your computer and you will now be able to chat via Telegram for PC.
You can use Telegram on your computer or laptop easily using any of the above mentioned methods. I personally recommend you to go with the official desktop versions of the chat app as they get updated regularly and will provide more stability and features.
I hope that you liked the article showing all the official as well as unofficial methods to download Telegram for PC, then share it with your friends and if you have any queries, then drop them in the comments section below.