There are not many video chat apps available for Android except Skype which is the most popular one. However, a new app, Yahoo Livetext, was recently launched for iOS and Android that you can use to live video chat with your friends whenever you like. You can also download Yahoo LiveText for PC using an Android emulator software. If you have friends who live in different countries, then this app will be a lot useful to you. So, in this article, we are going to see how you can download and install Yahoo LiveText for computer running Windows OS.
The application allows you to video chat with your friends live, but it can also work as a text messenger app like WhatsApp for PC. You can chat with your friends or talk to them and since it is free, you can do it for as long as you like. There are not many great video chat except Skype, Viber for PC or Tango for PC, but now that a new player is in the market, I hope that people will start using it more. So, let’s see some of the best features of Yahoo Livetext for PC and then have a look at the steps to download it.
Yahoo Livetext for PC – Features:
The application was very recently launched so it doesn’t have a lot of reviews, but since the app is developed by Yahoo, you can say that it will be great. You can download Yahoo Livetext for laptops or computer and see for yourself if it’s worth it.
- Absolutely Free: The app is free to download and use and you won’t be charged for having a live chat session. However, make sure that you are connected with WiFi or you have a data pack active before you use the app.
- No Groups: The app doesn’t have a group messaging feature. It is more a one-to-one application that you can use to talk to only one friend at a time or having a private conversation with a special someone.
- Text + Live Video Chat: The app allows you to have a live chat session but if you want to send a text message while you are having a video chat, then you can do that as well.
- Add Friends: You can either add your friends using their LiveText ID or add them from your contacts to connect with them.
Steps to Download Yahoo Livetext for PC
As I said earlier, the app is relatively new and was launched only a few weeks back, there is no official PC version that you can download and install on your computer. However, if you don’t want to wait for the PC version, then you can download Yahoo LiveText for computer using the steps given below.
- Download and install BlueStacks app player on your computer.
- Now, launch BlueStacks and type in “Yahoo LiveText” in the search bar and hit the find button.
- From the search results, click on the Install button next to the app in the search results and then select Google Play Store.
- You will be asked to sign in and once you are done with that, you will be redirected to the application’s page on Google Play Store.
- Finally, you have to click on the Install button to begin the download process.
Once the download process is complete, the app will be installed on your computer. You just have to sign up with the app, create your Livetext ID and set up your profile. Then you will be able to add friends in your chat list.
Now, you can go to BlueStacks and click on the “All Apps” tab, then click on the LiveText app icon to launch the app. Create your profile and start chatting with your friends.
That was the complete article that you need to follow to download Livetext for PC. If you liked the article, then share it with your friends and tell them to download and install Yahoo Livetext for PC, so that you can chat with them whenever you like.