There are several chat messenger apps available for smartphones and the most popular one is WhatsApp Messenger. Everyone uses various chat apps to stay in touch with their friends and people are not going to stop using these apps. Seeing this, Google recently launched its very own smart messaging application called Google Allo for Android and iOS devices. If you own an Android device, you can get it directly from the Google Play Store. However, if you want to use the app on a bigger screen, then you can download Google Allo for PC as well using an Android emulator software.
With Google Allo app installed on your computer, you will be able to send and receive text messages and have a conversation with your friends. However, the best part about the application is that it comes with Google Assistant that is ready to help you whenever you need it. You can talk to Google Assistant whenever you are bored or take its help to find the nearby hotels or restaurants or look for cheap flights without leaving the app. You can do all these right in the conversation so that the other person can also look at it. That’s why you need to download Google Allo for PC because it comes with unique features that aren’t present in other chat messenger applications yet.
Google Allo for PC – Features
The application was launched officially only a couple days back, so the download number isn’t as high as it should be. However, in this small time, the app has been downloaded on millions of devices worldwide and the number is surely going to increase in the coming days. Have a look at the features of Google Allo for computer to know what to expect from the app.
- The application is completely free to download and use. However, you need an active Internet connection to use the application so make sure you have an active data pack or you are connected to WiFi.
- You can send and receive unlimited text messages for free so that you can stay in touch with your friends and family members.
- The app comes with a Smart Reply feature that learns from your conversation and gives you suggestions based on your own style. This helps you in sending your reply quickly and without typing a single word.
- There is an INK feature in the app which allows you to create doodles on the photos that you send in your conversation or add funny text on it. You can get creative with the photos before you send them.
- Google Allo also has a library of awesome stickers designed by independent designers and studios which can be used in a chat to be more expressive.
- Now you don’t have to type in ALL CAPS to convey the feeling that you are shouting. You can change the fonts of your texts easily with a quick swipe allowing you to shout or whisper easily.
- Use the Incognito mode in the app to send your messages with end-to-end encryption and keeps you chat discreet using the private notifications.
- There is an expiring chat option that allows you to decide how long the message you send should stay active.
- The app comes with Google Assistant that helps you find nearby restaurants, share videos that you have watched, find answers to your questions and much more right within the conversation.
- You can also talk to Google Assistant one-on-one or add it your your group.
Google Allo for PC Download
The application is officially available for Android and iOS devices, so if you own a smartphone running on any of these operating systems, then you can go to the respective app stores and download the app. But there is no official desktop version of the app available yet.
However, you can download the application on your computer using an Android emulator software. These type of software creates a virtual environment on your computer that is suitable for Android apps and games to function smoothly allowing you to install your favorite apps. There are many such emulators available, but in this article, we will go with BlueStacks as it is not only popular and stable, but also has awesome features that allow you to run several apps, including Google Allo for computer, smoothly.
Click on the above link to go to the page where you will be able to download the offline installer version of the emulator software. Once the setup file is downloaded and saved on your computer, install it and then follow the below steps to download the application.
Steps to Download Google Allo for PC
- Open BlueStacks app player on your computer.
- You will have to use your Gmail ID to login to Google Play Store and authenticate the BlueStacks account after which you can enable the App Sync and complete the setup process of the emulator.
- Once the setup is done, the dashboard will appear on your screen showing various apps and categories.
- Click on the Search icon on the top.
- Type “Google Allo” in the search box and hit the find button.
- A new tab will open in the emulator displaying all the search results related to your query.
- Click the first link which will be of the Google Allo app.
- You will be redirected to the official app page on Google Play Store in the emulator.
- Click on the Install button on the app page.
- A pop-up box will appear on your computer screen.
- This pop-up box will show you all the permissions required to install and run the app.
- Click on the Accept button to grant the permissions and close the box.
- The download process will now start automatically.
If you followed the above steps properly, then the download process will begin and once all the necessary files are downloaded, Google Allo for PC will be installed successfully. It may take some time depending on the speed of your Internet connection, so be patient.
Now that the application is installed on your computer, you can go to BlueStacks and select the “All Apps tab on the dashboard. You will find all the Android apps and games installed on your computer including Google Allo. Click on the app icon and it will open on your screen. Create your account and start using the smart messaging application.
This is how you can download Google Allo for PC using BlueStacks app player! If you liked the article, then share it with your friends so that they too use this smart messenger on their smartphones and computer and chat with their friends.