So you want to download WhatsApp Messenger for PC? Then you are in for a treat because I will show you how to download the messenger on your computer in some simple steps. WhatsApp is a free chat messenger that is also the most popular one even when it doesn’t have any video calls feature like other chat applications. However, it introduced the voice calling feature, so the video calling feature will also be introduced soon. But still it is the most popular application on the Android marketplace so if you don’t have a smarpthone, then you can easily download WhatsApp for PC.
With WhatsApp messenger installed on computer, you can chat with your friends any time you want. The app is completely free to download for first year and after one year, the charges would be $0.99/year which is nothing. There are no hidden charges or any type of distracting ads in the messenger. You don’t have to add your friends manually because once you add your phone number, it will scan all your contacts and give you a list of your friends who are using WhatsApp on their devices. So if you don’t have a smartphone or tablet, then you can follow this post and download WhatsApp for PC or laptop.
WhatsApp for PC – Features:
The application has crossed the one billion downloads mark and there won’t be any smartphone in the world without the chat app installed. However, if you are unable to use the app on your smartphone, then you can download WhatsApp for laptop or computer easily.
- Free to Download: The application is free to download and use for the first year and thereafter you will have to pay $0.99/year which is absolutely nothing.
- No Advertisements: The application doesn’t feature any advertisements and you won’t even get irritating notifications. You will only get a notification when you receive a message from one of your contacts and not some deals or advertisements.
- Group Chat and Emoticons: You can create a group of up to 50 members and add your friends so that you can chat with all of them at the same time. There are also many emoticons that you can use to make your conversation more lively.
- No Charges: You can send text messages, images, videos as well as voice notes to your friends using WhatsApp but there won’t be any charges no matter where the recipient is.
- WhatsApp Web: Now you can also use WhatsApp on your computer by connecting your smartphone with the online version as the official web version of WhatsApp Messenger has been launched.
Steps to Download WhatsApp for PC
When you download the application on your computer, you will be able to use every feature of the app. You will be able to set up your profile by adding your photo and setting up a unique status, chat with your friends, create groups and send photos or videos to your friends. You won’t be limited to any feature.
Download WhatsApp for PC Using BlueStacks
You will need an Android emulator software on your computer because it will create a proper environment for the application to run on your computer. We will use BlueStacks app player to download and install the chat messenger.
- First of all, download BlueStacks app player on your computer and install it.
- Once Bluestacks is installed, you need to type in “WhatsApp” in the search box and then hit enter. Choose the search results which shows the application from Google Play Store and then click on the next buttons.
- Follow all the steps and accept all the terms and conditions if you are asked to and then you can hit the Install button to begin the download and installation process.
- Now you have successfully installed WhatsApp for PC. You will see the application installed and ready to use on the BlueStacks homepage.
Now, you can go to BlueStacks and click on the “All Apps” tab and select WhatsApp by clicking on the icon and then when the app opens you need to configure it by adding your phone number and then verifying it by entering the confirmation code that you will receive on your mobile. Set up your profile by adding your photo and set a unique status and WhatsApp for PC is ready to be used.
How to Use WhatsApp Web for PC on Google Chrome?
Currently, the web version of WhatsApp works only on the Google Chrome browser so you will have to install the browser first, if you are using some other browser on your computer. The web version works on Mac as well but it isn’t available for iPhone users.
- If you are using an older version of the chat messenger on your Android device, then update it to the latest version.
- Then, open Google Chrome browser on your computer or Mac, and go to web.whatsapp.com which is the web version.
- You will see a QR code on the homepage of the web version which you have to scan using your Android device.
- Now, open WhatsApp Messenger in your Android smartphone and then, from the menu options, select “WhatsApp Web”.
- You will now see a QR code scanner on your smartphone. Position the scanner to the QR code on your computer screen, click on “OK, Got it” and the code will be scanned.
- If it is successful, the data will be synced to the web version and once that is done, you will see all your chats and contacts appear on your computer screen.
Download WhatsApp for Mac
To download WhatsApp Messenger for Mac, you will have to use the BlueStacks android emulator only as it is the most stable emulator software available for both Windows and Mac platforms. So, let’s see the steps to download WhatsApp for Mac.
- Download and install BlueStacks app player on your Mac.
- Now, open BlueStacks and search for “WhatsApp” using the search option.
- Click on the first app link from the search results and then select Google Play Store. If you are asked to log in to your Google account, use your Gmail ID to do so.
- Finally, you will be taken to the WhatsApp downloads page. Click on the Install button and the download process of the application will begin.
- Once the download process is complete, the application will be successfully installed on your computer.
Now that the messenger app is installed on your Mac, you can go to BlueStacks and click on the “All Apps” tab and then click on the WhatsApp Messenger icon to launch the chat app on your screen. Etner your phone number and verify it and set up your profile. Once all this is done, you will be able to start chatting with your friends using WhatsApp installed on Mac.
So that was the complete article on how to download WhatsApp for PC, including using the official WhatsApp Web version on your computer and downloading the chat app on Mac. If you liked the post, then share it with your friends and let them know about this awesome method using which they can download WhatsApp Messenger for PC too. Keep visiting DroidforPCDownload for more such guides!