WhatsApp is one of the most popular application on the Google Play Store with more than one billion downloads so far. The app is the best chat application that gives you the best user experience without any irritating ads or notifications. By keeping a simple interface and giving everything that one needs to chat with their friends, WhatsApp has always stayed ahead of its competition. Unlike other chat apps, WhatsApp Messenger is available on multiple platforms including Android, iOS, Windows, BlackBerry, Java as well as some of the Symbian phones.
If you own an Android device, then I am pretty sure that the first app you downloaded on it was WhatsApp as it is a must have app that makes it easy to stay in touch with your friends and loved ones. However, if you want to download WhatsApp for PC, then you can do that as well. In this article, we are going to see how you can login to WhatsApp from computer. The process is pretty simple and there are two different ways to do so.
WhatsApp Online – Features
This chat app is one of the only apps to cross a billion download mark that wasn’t developed by Google. By providing a simple user interface, the app has garnered the trust of billions of users worldwide and Facebook owner Mark Zuckerburg took the huge step and bought the app for a staggering $19 billion.
Below is a rundown of some of the features of WhatsApp Messenger. I am sure that you are aware of these features, but let’s have a quick look at it.
- The application is absolutely free to download. There was a fee of $0.99 per month but now that fee has been removed making it completely free for life.
- The app makes it easy to send and receive free text messages, images, videos, voice notes as well as PDF files.
- You can make voice calls to your friends. The only thing is that both of you should be online on WhatsApp at the time of calling.
- You can easily create a group to talk to all your friends or family members together.
Related: Kik.com Login Online
How to Login to WhatsApp on Computer?
There are basically 2 different ways to access your WhatsApp account from your computer. You can either use the WhatsApp web version or you can download the app on your computer using an Android emulator like BlueStacks.
We will go through both the methods so that you can choose the easiest and the most convenient method for yourself.
WhatsApp Login Using BlueStacks
To use this method, the first thing you need to do is download WhatsApp messenger on your computer. If you have done that already then you can skip the installation process but if you haven’t then you need to follow the below steps to download WhatsApp Messenger for PC.
- Download and install BlueStacks.
- Open BlueStacks and click on the search icon on the top.
- Type in “WhatsApp” and click on the app that appears in the search results.
- You will be redirected to the official app download page in Google Play Store.
- Click on the Install button and then accept the terms and give permissions to the app.
- The download process will now begin.
- Once the app is downloaded, it will be installed on your computer successfully.
By following the above steps, you have installed WhatsApp on your computer successfully. You can now follow the below steps to create your account and login to WhatsApp.
To open WhatsApp on your computer, you need to launch BlueStacks once again. So, open BlueStacks and then click on the “All Apps” tab on the top-right corner of the dashboard. A new page will open where you will see the WhatsApp app installed.
Click on the app icon to launch the chat messenger on your computer. Since this is the first time you are logging in to WhatsApp from PC, you will be asked to create an account. On the welcome screen, click on the “Agree and Continue” button to begin.
On the next page, you need to add your details to create your account. Select the country you live in and then add your phone number that you want to use with the app and click on “OK” button.
You will receive a confirmation that the number is okay or not. If the number is correct, click on OK otherwise edit it.
You will now receive a confirmation code on your mobile phone. At first, WhatsApp Messenger will try to automatically verify the phone number by trying to detect an SMS. But since you are using your computer, it won’t be able to detect the SMS containing the verification code.
In that case, just wait till the time passes and the verification failed screen appears. Now, you will be given the option to enter the verification code manually. As soon as you enter the code, it will verify it and the app will open.
If you have backups of your chat conversations stored, then you will be given an option to restore them so that you can know what you talked about the last time. If you want to restore the backup, then click on the “Restore” button, otherwise click on “Skip”.
Now, all you have to do is enter the name of your profile and the app will be setup on your computer. Once the setup is completed, click on the “Continue” button and the app will open with all your chats on the screen.
Related: Snapchat Online Login
WhatsApp Login Online Using the Web Version
The other method to login to WhatsApp from your computer is to use the web version of the chat app. For this, you don’t have to download the application as you can use your browser to access the website and login to your WhatsApp account.
To use this method, you must have WhatsApp Messenger installed on your smartphone. If you are using an older version of the app, then update it to the latest version first and then follow the below steps.
Note: Click Here for the detailed article on using WhatsApp Web version.
- Open your web browser and type web.whatsapp.com in the address bar to go to the web version of the app.
- You will see a QR code on the homescreen of the website.
- Now, open WhatsApp on your smartphone and from the options menu, select “WhatsApp Web”.
- A QR code scanner will open on your smartphone.
- Position your phone to your computer screen in a way that the QR code on your computer aligns perfectly with the scanner on your phone.
- Once it is aligned properly, click on the “OK, got it” button.
- The data will now start syncing and within a few minutes, you will have all your chat conversations on your computer screen.
- You have successfully logged in to WhatsApp online version.
Now, you will be able to send and receive text messages, images, videos and other files using WhatsApp on your computer. This is exactly how you can create an account on WhatsApp from computer.
Related: Instagram Online Login
That was the complete article on the different method to login to WhatsApp from PC. I hope that you liked the article and if you did, then please share it with your friends as well so that they too can follow the steps and create their WhatsApp account from computer.
If you faced any difficulties while logging to your WhatsApp account, then let us know via the comments below. If you were successful in WhatsApp login, share your views on the online experience.