Pokemon GO has been out now for a few weeks and it has already become the most popular game as well as the highest grossing game in just a month. The entire world has taken to the streets to catch their favorite Pokemon, but if you are unable to do so, then you can download Pokemon GO for PC and play it from your computer without any issues. The method to download the game on your computer involves BlueStacks emulator and will require an Internet connection.
The Pokemon GO game is still not available in a lot of countries and if you live in one of them and still want to play it, then the only option you have is to either download the Pokemon GO APK file or use an emulator like BlueStacks or Nox Player to download Pokemon GO for PC. I have played the game on both the emulators and I would personally recommend you to use BlueStacks app player as it is much more stable and doesn’t lag as much. If you are ready to play the game and catch your favorite Pokemon, then let’s see the steps required for the same.
Pokemon GO for PC – Features
The game is barely out for 2 months and it has broken a lot of records, like the most number of downloads as well as earning an estimated $200 million in a month. There are hundreds of millions of players in the world going to new location and catching rare Pokemon, and if you too love them, then you need to download it right now.
- The game is absolutely free to download and play but contains optional in-game purchases to give you the boost you need.
- When you first begin the game, you will be asked to choose a starter Pokemon from Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle. You can also get Pikachu as a starter if you walk away from the first 3 a few times.
- The game is an augmented reality game, which means that you will have to get out of your house and explore new locations to find and catch Pokemon.
- There are various spots were a particular Pokemon spawns a lot and these spots are known as Pokemon nests. So make sure to find them and catch as many as you can.
- When you catch a Pokemon, you will get 3 candies specific to that Pokemon only. These candies are required to power-up your monster as well as to evolve it. So, keep catching all those Pidgeys, Weedles and Rattatas and evolve them.
- When you reach level 5 in the game, you will be able to choose a team from Team Valor, Team Instinct and Team Mystic and you will then be able to train or compete in Gym battles.
- Keep catching Pokemon and evolve them to earn XP points and get to a higher level fast.
- When you are running low on Pokeballs and potions, you can visit PokeStops and get the items from there. You will also get Pokemon Eggs from these stops that you can hatch by walking 2, 5 and 10 kms.
- Fight in Gyms and defeat the other teams to claim the Gym for your own. Place your strongest Pokemon in the Gym to defend it.
These are only some of the features of the game and there are much more to come in the future. Once the game has been released worldwide, you can expect more features like breeding, trading as well as new Pokemon in the game.
Pokemon GO for PC Download
If the game is available in your country, then you can go to Google play Store or iOS app store to download it on your Android or iPhone. But if you want to download Pokemon GO on computer, then there’s no official version to do that.
However, there are emulators like BlueStacks and Nox Player that allow you to download and install Pokemon GO on your computer and play the game without leaving your home. Of course, this method goes against the purpose of the game which is to go out and explore new locations and meet new people, but until the game is officially available in your country, you can use this method.
To download and install the augmented reality game on your computer, you will need an Internet connection and then you can follow the steps below.
Steps to Download Pokemon GO for PC
If you have not yet installed BlueStacks on your computer, then you can download the latest version from its official website. The reason I am telling you to download the latest version is because Pokemon GO comes pre-installed in it and it also has various apps installed that allows you to roam around and go to new locations without leaving your home.
If you have downloaded the latest BlueStacks emulator and still the game is not installed, then you can follow the below steps:
- Download and install BlueStacks emulator on your computer.
- Add your Google account to the emulator and setup BlueStacks. Once done, enable the App Sync feature to complete the emulator setup process.
- Now, you will see the dashboard and there, you will see the Pokemon GO option.
- If you are not seeing it, then click on the Search icon and type in “Pokemon GO” and hit enter.
- It will take you to the official game page on Google Play Store.
- Click on the Install button and then tap on the Accept button in the pop-up box.
- The download process will now start automatically.
This is how you can download Pokemon GO for PC online using BlueStacks emulator. However, if the game isn’t available in your country, it won’t show up in Google Play Store. In that case, you can follow the below steps.
- Download and install BlueStacks.
- Then, download the latest version of Pokemon GO from sites like APKMirror.
- Now, open BlueStacks and from the left-hand sidebar, click on the “Install APK” option.
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the APK file of the game and select it.
- The emulator will now run the installation process.
- The game will be installed in a few minutes.
You will now be able to launch the game on your computer and start playing it without any issues. You can watch the video below to know the complete process to download Pokemon GO for PC.
I hope that you liked the article to download Pokemon GO game on your computer using BlueStacks app player. If you liked it and played the game, then please share it with your friends as well so that they too can download and play Pokemon Go for PC.