We all know that BBM is considered to be one of the best chat applications for smartphones and if you are looking for a way to download BBM for PC, then you can follow the steps mentioned in this article to download and install the application on your computer running Windows OS. With BBM app installed on your PC, you will be able to send and receive messages and multimedia easily. You will get the full version of the app with all the features, so download BBM for PC now to experience the chat on a bigger screen.
BlackBerry Messenger or BBM, as you might like to call it, was one of the most popular and the only reliable chat app available for smartphones a few years back. However, as Android smartphones started becoming popular and took the market over, BBM app was launched for the platform as well. Now you can easily download BlackBerry Messenger for Android as well. However, there is no official version of BBM app for PC, so if we want to download it then we will have to use an Android emulator to download BlackBerry Messenger for PC.
BBM for PC – Features:
The application has been downloaded on millions of Android devices worldwide and there are many people using it on their computers and laptops as well. So let’s check out the features that you will get when you install BBM for laptop.
- Free to Use: The chat app is completely free to download and use as long as you have a strong Internet connection on your device.
- Timed Messages: The feature which allows you to set a timer for how long your contacts have to see the message before it disappears from the conversation screen.
- Message Retraction: One of the best features of the BBM app is message retraction which allows users to retract the messages from the chat.
- No Phone Numbers: BBM Messenger uses PINs to identify its users and not phone numbers or email addresses.
- Group Messages: You can create a group and chat and share images and videos with all the members at once. You can also invite people into a chat so that you can exchange your thoughts at the same time.
- Create Profile: You can create your account and set up your custom BBM profile by choosing the best profile picture and adding a custom status update.
Steps to Download BBM for PC:
As we already told you that there is no official version of the app for your computer, we will use an Android emulator to download and install the application. So follow the steps below:
- Download BlueStacks for PC and then install it on your computer.
- Once installed, search for “BBM” using the search box in the emulator.
- Select the first result and then choose Google Play Store as the app store to download the messenger.
- Follow the instructions onscreen and accept the terms and conditions. If asked, sign in to your Gmail account to download the app.
- Finally, you will be taken to the app’s download page. Click on the Install button to begin the download process.
Once the download process is complete, the chat app will be installed on your computer or laptop and will be ready to use.
The second method involves the APK file of the app. Download BlueStacks app player and install it. Then download BBM APK file. Once downloaded, right-click on the APK file, select “Open With” and then click on BlueStacks. This will install the application on your computer.
By following any of the above methods, you will download and install BBM for PC successfully. Now all you have to do is open the app, fill up your details, set up your profile and start chatting with your friends.
To do that, go to BlueStacks once again and on the dashboard or under the “My Apps” tab, you will find the application’s icon. Click on it and the app will launch on your computer screen. Fill out all the details and start chatting with your friends.
I hope you liked the article to download BBM for PC or BlackBerry Messenger for PC! If you liked, then share the post and leave your comment below to let us know your feedback.