We have seen a lot of chat messenger application for Android device and we can agree that WeChat for PC is one of the most popular messenger apps in the world. In the past, we shared a simple method using which you can download WeChat for Mac and today we are going to show you how you can download and install WeChat for PC following some simple steps. With WeChat app installed on your computer, you will be able to send unlimited text messages for free to your friends whenever you want.
WeChat app not only allows you to send unlimited text messages for free but it also gives you the feature to make free calls to your friends. This is a great option because it can help you save a lot of money. You can even make video calls if you want to talk face-to-face with your contacts. Only a few chat apps like Line for PC and Viber for PC allows you to make such free calls. So if you want to download WeChat app for PC, then here’s the article that will show you how you can do that by following some really simple steps.
WeChat for PC – Features:
Since almost all the Android users love using chat messenger applications to talk with their friends and family members, WeChat has become quite popular among users. So, if you are unable to use the app on your smartphone, then you should consider downloading WeChat for laptop or on your computer.
Before we see how to download WeChat app for PC, let’s take a look at some of the best features of the app:
- Download for Free: The application is free to download and there are no hidden costs to send and receive messages.
- Free Messaging: You can send text messages to your friends for free using the application and all you need is a working Internet connection to use the app.
- Free Calling Feature: The app comes with a feature that allows you to make free voice and video calls to your friends anywhere in the world.
- Group Chats and Stickers: You can create groups to chat with all your friends at the same time and use the stickers to share your views in a more convincing way.
- Meet New Friends: With the new “Friend Radar” feature, you can now find new friends in your location and meet up with them.
Steps to Download WeChat for PC
The application is available on almost all the leading platforms like Android and iOS but there is no official PC version of the app available that you can use on your computer. However, there is a simple way in which we can use an Android emulator to download and install the app. Here’s how we can do it:
- Download and install BlueStacks app player on your computer.
- Once it is installed, type in “WeChat” in the search bar and then select the very first result from the search results.
- Now choose Google play Store as your app store and then you will be asked to sign in to your Google account. Use your Gmail ID to sign in to your account.
- Then, follow the instructions on your screen and accept the terms and conditions, if any.
- Finally, you will be redirected to the app page. Click on the Install button and the download process will begin.
Once the download process is completed, the application will be installed on your computer and ready ot be used to send text messages.
Alternate Method: In the second method, you can download WeChat APK file and download and install Bluestacks on your computer. Now, right-click on the APK file of the app and select “Open With” and then choose BlueStacks. The app will then be installed on your computer.
Once the application is successfully installed on your computer, you simply have to go to BlueStacks once again and on the dashboard or under the “My Apps” or the “All Apps” tab, you will see the chat app installed. Click on the app icon to launch the application on your computer screen, fill out the details like your phone number and set up your profile and start chatting with your friends with the WeChat app on computer.
This was the complete guide to download WeChat for PC! If you liked the article and you followed the steps to download WeChat app for PC free, then share it with your friends as well and keep visiting DroidforPCDownload for more such articles.