Facebook Lite is a light-weight version of the official Facebook app that allows you to enjoy the social network while consuming as less data as possible. It is small in size and works really well on slow Internet connections. So, if you are having issues with your Internet connection, then you can download Facebook Lite for PC using the emulator software and be online even on unstable connection. The installation process is pretty simple and since the size of the app is extremely small, it won’t take long to download and install it.
With Facebook Lite app installed on your computer, you will be able to enjoy the mobile version of the app on a bigger screen. With this, you will be able to post status updates, upload photos and videos, like or comment on your friends updates that appear on your timeline and do everything that you can do with the official web version or the official mobile app. The only thing that makes this app so awesome is that it consumes very less data making it possible for you to use the app even when you don’t have a lot of data left. You can download Facebook Lite for PC using BlueStacks app player and start using it right away.
Facebook Lite for PC – Features
The application is quite awesome and has become popular in places where the Internet connection is not stable or not fast enough. With more than 100 million downloads, the app has become one of the most downloaded applications on Google Play Store.
- The application is completely free to download and use.
- You will need an Internet connection to use it so make sure you are connected to WiFi or have a data pack active, otherwise data charges may apply.
- It is extremely small in size making it easy to download and install and it uses less space.
- Everything in the app loads quickly allowing you to view the updates your friends have posted easily.
- The app is the lite version of the Facebook and uses way less data compared to the official app. This means that even if you are connected to an unstable network or a slow network like 2G, you will be able to use it without any issues at all.
- It works on almost all the Android phones, new as well as old.
- With the app, you can do everything – message your friends or have a group conversation, post updates or photos or videos, get notifications when someone likes your posts, see what your friends are posting and like or comment on it and more.
These are some of the features of the application and although it is small in size and consumes less data, it still is an awesome application and you should consider installing it on your computer to use when you have a slow Internet connection.
Facebook Lite for PC Download
If you own an Android or iOS device, then you can download it from Google Play Store or iOS app store directly on your smartphone. However, there is no official desktop app for the lite version of the social networking application.
You might be wondering why is there a need to download the Facebook Lite app on your computer when you can simply visit the website. The reason is that when you are unable to connect to Internet or you are not getting fast speed, you can resort to the app to stay online. The only way to do that is by using an Android emulator. In this article, we will be using BlueStacks app player to download and install Facebook Lite for computer.
When you click on the above link, you will be redirected another article from where you will be able to download the offline installer version of the emulator. Once the setup is downloaded, go ahead and install it on your computer and then follow the below steps.
Steps to Download Facebook Lite for PC
- Launch BlueStacks app player on your computer.
- If you are using it for the first time, then you will have to use your Gmail credentials to login to Google Play Store and authenticate your BlueStacks account. Then, enable the App Sync and complete the setup process of the emulator.
- Now, you will see the dashboard of the emulator with various popular apps.
- Click on the Search icon on the top of the dashboard.
- Type “Facebook Lite” in the search box and hit the search button.
- A new tab will open in the emulator that will display various apps and games related to your query in Google Play Store.
- Click on the first link as that will be of the Facebook Lite app.
- The emulator will now redirect you to the official Google Play Store page of the application.
- Click on the Install button on the app page.
- A pop-up box will appear on your screen asking for various permissions required to install and run the app smoothly.
- Click on the Accept button to grant the permissions and close the pop-up box.
- The download process will now begin automatically.
If you follow the above steps properly, then you will see that the download process for the app has begun. Once all the required files are saved, which won’t take long, Facebook Lite for PC will be installed successfully.
You can now launch the application, signup or sign in using your credentials and start using the app. To open it, you need to go to BlueStacks and click on the “All Apps” tab where you will find all the apps and games installed on your computer. Click on the Facebook Lite app icon and it will open on your computer screen.
This is how you can download Facebook Lite for PC using BlueStacks in some simple steps! If you liked the article, then you can use the below buttons to share the article with your friends as well.