We have talked about a lot of free chat apps on this website and even shared the steps to download them on your computer. There are several other popular apps available for free, but today we are going to talk about KakaoTalk application. It is available for free and you can download it on your Android device directly from Google Play Store. You can even use the application on your computer by installing it through an Android emulator. In this article, we are going to see the simple way to download KakaoTalk for PC using BlueStacks.
With KakaoTalk app installed on your computer, you will be able to send free text messages and receive them, make voice as well as video calls for free and use emoticons in your chat to express yourself better. With the application, you can make voice calls to one person or make group calls and talk with all your friends at the same time. You can even share your location, see who’s read your messages, schedule messages and more. There are other features of KakaoTalk for PC as well; so before we see the installation process, let’s have a look at all the features of the app.
KakaoTalk for PC Online – Features
The chat app is extremely fast and is been used by more than 150 million people worldwide. Apart from sending free messages, you can even make free voice and video calls on your phone and have a long conversation with your friends and loved ones. Below are some of the features of the app that you can check out before you install the app.
- The application is free to download and use. However, you should keep your data pack active or stay connected to WiFi to send and receive messages for free.
- The app makes chatting with your friends a fun thing as it provides you with a number of features like emoticons and stickers that makes the conversation a lot more interesting.
- There are more than 150 million users worldwide and supports Android, iOS, BlackBerry and Windows OS.
- You can send text messages for free as well as multimedia files like photos, videos, voice notes and more.
- Using the app, you can easily make voice calls and video calls to your friends for free. You can even make voice calls to your entire group at the same time.
- Create a group and add your friends in it to chat with all of them at the same time.
- There are other features in the application like Boards where you can share various events for others to see and you can customize your profile to show the world who you truly are.
- You can share your location with your friends, see who read your messages, schedules appointments and meetings and play fun using the games in the app.
- Other features of the app include emoticons, stickers, exclusive deals and coupons from your favorite brands, use Talking Tom and Ben’s voice filter to make fun calls and more.
- The app is also supported by Android Wear.
These are some of the features that you will be able to use when you download and install the application. Below are the two methods to install KakaoTalk app on your computer – one official and the other using an Android emulator.
KakaoTalk for PC Download
The application is available for free on multiple platforms – Android, iOS, Windows as well as Mac. You can download it from the official website and start using it right away.
In this article, we are going to see how you can download KakaoTalk on computer using two different methods. One is by downloading the official KakaoTalk desktop client and the other is installing it through an Android emulator like BlueStacks.
Method 1: Download KakaoTalk for Windows (Official)
The official desktop client is available on their official website and you can download and install it on your Windows computer as well as on your Mac. Use the link below to go to the website and download the setup file for the chat app.
- Download KakaoTalk for PC – Click Here
Method 2: Download KakaoTalk for PC Using BlueStacks
If you are wondering why we are sharing the method to download the app using BlueStacks when the official desktop app is available, then that’s because sometimes you don’t like the computer version as we are used to the mobile version.
So, if you are looking to use the same interface of the app on your computer as well, then you can use an Android emulator like BlueStacks to install an app like KakaoTalk. In this case, there is not much difference between the mobile and the computer version, but that’s for you to decide. Follow the steps below to install the application:
- First of all, download and install BlueStacks offline installer on your computer.
- Once installed, open BlueStacks app player on your computer.
- If you are using the emulator for the first time, then you will have to use your Gmail ID to login to Google Play Store and authenticate the BlueStacks account after which you can enable the App Sync and complete the setup process of the emulator.
- Once the emulator setup is completed, the dashboard will appear on your screen showing various apps and categories.
- Click on the Search icon on the top of the dashboard.
- Type “KakaoTalk” in the search box and hit the find button.
- A new tab will open in the emulator displaying all the search results related to your query.
- Click the first link which will be of the chat messenger app.
- You will be redirected to the official app page on Google Play Store in the emulator.
- Click on the Install button on the app page.
- A pop-up box will appear on your computer screen.
- This pop-up box will show you all the permissions required to install and run the app.
- Click on the Accept button to grant the permissions and close the box.
- That’s it!
The download process will now begin on your computer which may take some time depending on the speed of your Internet connection. Once all the files are saved, KakaoTalk for PC will be installed and you will be able to use it to chat with your friends.
If you have used BlueStacks to install the app instead of the official desktop version, then you will have to open BlueStacks and select the “All Apps” tab where you will find all the apps and games installed. Click on the KakaoTalk app icon and it will open on your computer screen. Complete all the signup process and setup your profile and start chatting with your friends.
This is how you can download and install KakaoTalk for PC using the official desktop version as well as the BlueStacks emulator! If you liked the article, then share it with your friends so that they too can download the app on their computers.