YouTube is the biggest video sharing platform in the world and it’s app for Android is also one of the most used applications. If you own an Android device, then you would already be using the YouTube app to watch your favorite videos; but now you can even download the videos officially using the all new YouTube Go app. The application allows you to download videos on your device and save your mobile data at the same time as you can specify the amount of MBs you want to spend on the video. You can download the app on your smartphone or you can download YouTube GO for PC using an emulator software like BlueStacks.
With YouTube GO app installed on your computer, you won’t need to use any third-party websites or apps to download your favorite videos because you can now do that officially. The app is similar to the YouTube app as you can browse through hundreds of thousands of videos across various categories and watch them online or choose to download them on your phone to watch them offline. Moreover, you can even share these videos with your friends and family members so that they too can have a look at the latest releases. So, if you are interested in the application, then we will see how to download and install YouTube GO for PC using an emulator software once we see all the best features of the app below.
YouTube GO for PC – Features
The application has already been downloaded on hundreds of thousands of smartphones and as soon as it is launched officially around the world, then number will soon climb and hit hundreds of millions. So, you can be one of the first users to use the application on your computer. Check out the best features of the app below to see what to expect from it.
- The app is completely free to download and use.
- You will need an active Internet connection; so make sure that you have a data pack active on your phone, otherwise data charges may apply.
- The app offers you thousands of videos across various categories and genres – songs, movies, TV shows, comedy, fashion, cooking, tutorials and more – that you can watch.
- The best part about the application is that you can either stream the videos online or decide to download them on your device to watch it again and again.
- You can even preview the videos before downloading them and even specify the amount of MBs you want to spend on the video to save your mobile data.
- The app allows you to easily search for any videos that you want to watch using the search bar and you can also save videos as favorites so that you can watch them later without forgetting about them.
- If you have just watched an awesome video, then you can share them with your friends easily from within the app. The best thing about this feature is that it doesn’t require any data so you can share videos freely.
- You can download videos to your phone memory or your SD card so that you can watch videos without buffering and as many times as you want without worrying about the data cost.
- The app is lightweight and is designed to work with less storage and more speed and your phone won’t hang either.
These are some of the most amazing features of the YouTube Go application that makes it one of the best applications of the year. If you haven’t yet downloaded it on your device, then I suggest you to follow the below steps to download it on your computer or use the APK file to install it on your device.
YouTube GO for PC Download
You can download the video application on your Android device by visiting the Google Play Store or by download the APK file from the mirror websites and install it directly. But, if you are looking for the official desktop client of the app, then there is none available as of yet.
To download it on a Windows or a Mac computer, we will be using an Android emulator software. This type of software is capable of creating a virtual environment that is suitable for the Android apps. Using this, you can easily download, install and run Android apps and games on your PC. There are many emulators available, but in this article, we will be using BlueStacks to download YouTube Go for computer as it is the most popular one that supports almost all the apps and games.
When you click on the link given above, you will be redirected to another page from where you can download the offline installer version of the emulator. Once the setup file is saved on your PC, install it and then proceed with the below installation steps.
Steps to Download YouTube GO for PC
- Download BlueStacks app player from the above link and then install it on your computer.
- If you are using the emulator for the first time, then you will have to use your Gmail ID to login to Google Play Store and authenticate the BlueStacks account after which you can enable the App Sync and complete the setup process of the emulator.
- Once the emulator setup is completed, the dashboard will appear on your screen showing various apps and categories.
- Click on the Search icon on the top of the dashboard.
- Type “YouTube Go” in the search box and hit the find button.
- A new tab will open in the emulator displaying all the search results related to your query.
- Click the first link which will be of the video downloads app.
- You will be redirected to the official app page on Google Play Store in the emulator.
- Click on the Install button on the app page.
- A pop-up box will appear on your computer screen.
- This pop-up box will show you all the permissions required to install and run the app.
- Click on the Accept button to grant the permissions and close the box.
- That’s it! The download process will now begin.
Once you have completed the above steps, you will see a download progress bar appear in the emulator specifying that the installation process has initiated. It may take some time; but once all the required files are downloaded, YouTube GO for PC will be installed successfully.
Alternate Method: Currently, the app isn’t launched officially and the beta version is available. So, if you don’t want to wait for the official launch, you can download the YouTube APK beta version from APKMirror and install it manually on your computer using BlueStacks emulator.
After successfully completing the above steps, the app will be installed on your computer. You can now go to BlueStacks and select the “All Apps” tab where you will find all the apps installed. Click on the YouTube Go app icon and it will open on your computer screen.
This is how you can download and install YouTube GO for PC using BlueStacks app player! If you liked the article, then make sure to share it with your friends as well so that they too can use the app to download their favorite videos.